Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login timeout expired error

Status
Not open for further replies.

akiander

Programmer
Oct 18, 2002
US
So, here's my situation:

In our production environment, I continue to get this error:

[NCR][TDATA DLL] Login timeout expired

I have a VB 6 component (called from ASP) using ADO (MDAC 2.7) to call the Teradata ODBC Driver (V. 2.06.00.00) on a Windows NT 4.0 Server. The connection string looks like this:

Provider=MSDASQL;Driver=(Teradata};
DBCName=<xxxx1>;DBCName2=<xxxx2>;
DBCName3=<xxxx3>;DBCName4=<xxxx4>;
Database=<xxxx>;
UID=<xxxx>;PWD=<xxxx>;
(I removed sensitive info from connection string!)

My thought is that the login timeout expired is due to some kind of concurrency issue - we can't reproduce it anywhere except production, probably due to the volume of requests.

Any thoughts on what I can do to increase the login timeout for this driver? Is there a setting change on the connection string?

Thanks,

-Aaron

There's a LoginTimeout in the &quot;Teradata ODBC Driver Advanced Options&quot;. You can set it also in ODBC.ini and in your connectionsstring:
LOGINTIMEOUT=<seconds>
default for seconds is 20

Dieter

Dnoeth.
Is there a querytimeout property for "Teradata ODBC driver"? If so how do I modify it. Thanks.

If you check the manual (ODBC Driver for Teradata User Guide) there's a SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT, to be set in SQLSetStmtAttr().

Dieter

Thanks. I am working to implement in my ASP application. Great news..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back