Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

djacobus

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2003
US
I'm running Citrix XP and Server 2003 and I cannot get login scripts to stop running. I have gone into the client setup for RDP and ICA and still to no avail... Anyone have any ideas?

djacobus,

I don't think that this can be done through Citrix. You can remove their script in the user properties in AD or modify the existing logon script to end if they are a member of a certain group(like "Citrix Users").

john

The real problem is that I need to have their login scripts run when they log into the network however i need those scripts to stop running when they open thier published app. I'm trying to avoid having elaborate login scripts and having to use made up environment variables.

If I undersatnd you right, your users will log into their workstations with a domain account and you want the logon script to run then. Once they launch an application through Program Neighborhood (or PNA,Nfuse) you don't want a script to run. If this is the case then you could modify the script to add a line to the beginning like:

if %computername%==citrix servername goto :All Done

This would stop the script from running when you log onto one of your Citrix servers.

john

Like John you could add:-

IF EXIST "?:\Winnt\System32\Change.Exe" GOTO END

Then

:END

At the very end of your script, this would cater for all your Citrix/TS Servers.

Cheers,
Carl.

Thanks for the reply but I am running VBS Scripts through AD. Its much cleaner and the end users cannot stop it from running.

Hi,

What you can do, seen as your a VBS whizz is add to the start of your code is a check to see if change.exe exists in winnt\system32 and if it does end your script!

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back