Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Scripts error 'System 1314'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arran

MIS
Apr 11, 2002
GB
Bit of a problem. Some users - when logging on to the network (Windows 2000 Servers) using a logon script are getting an error message after the time sync has been completed and before it deletes a mapping for a network drive. The error message is: System Error 1314 has occurred'.

The logon script has been the same for a number of years and has never caused a problem before. It doesn't seem to affect all users though. We are rolling out new XP PCs to users and some get this problem and some don't. I've noticed it doesn't affect users with Admin rights but all other users have the same rights.

Anyone ever had this error and overcome it?

Thanks in advance
A

Hi Arran,
I am having something like the same prob at the moment. I am attempting to setup a new Win 2000 Pro workstation on a NT 4 server. I can join the domain but then the script bombs out and gives me System Error 1314. It also says "A required privilege is not held by this user" I have not got to the bottom of it yet. But my next step will be to make sure I am logged on to the server with admin privileges, delete the new machines account from server. Start client machine locally, Join any Workgroup, reboot, Try to join Domain again, and if that doesn't fix it. Try ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew. If that doesn't work I will probably throw the thing out the window. Hope this gives you something else to try.
lupus1

I think I fixed this actually. We solved it with something so stupidly simple I can't believe I missed it. Weather this will solve your problem I'm not sure...

We fixed it by changing the home folder text in the Profile section of AD. On the accounts that were failing we had the text as:

\\SERVERNAME\%username%.

It should have been

\\SERVERNAME\ %username%. Note the space after the \. By default we always set the profiles up with the space - so why on a few accounts this changed - I have no idea.

Anyway - that fixed it for us!

Ta
A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back