Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login script tags 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

colophon

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
US
Running Netware 5.1. Our current login script creates a certain enviroment for the users on the LAN. We are excluding certain MAC addresses from the script using the 'P_STATION' tag.

What I would like to do now, is exclude either a certain IP range (xx.xx.xx.xx - xx.xx.xx.yy) or IP network (xx.xx.xx.0) from the login script, but I cannot seem to find a tag that would allow me to do this. I am trying to create a script that would execute differently for our VPN users. We are not using any sort of Novell product for remote access.

Thanks

Robert

You can still use the %NETWORK_ADDRESS variable but the IP address has to be entered in as a hexadecimal value rather than in normal form. Something like this:

IF &quot;%NETWORK_ADDRESS&quot; > &quot;C0A86401&quot; AND &quot;%NETWORK_ADDRESS&quot; < &quot;C0A864FA&quot; THEN
MAP A DRIVE ETC...
END

Basically, each octet of the IP address is referenced. The above line is configured to include all IP addresses between 192.168.100.1 (COA86401) and 192.168.100.250 (C0A864F8).

CO = 192, A8 = 168, 64 = 100, 01 = 1
CO = 192, A8 = 168, 64 = 100, FA = 250

Use CALC.EXE with the Scientific calculator in Windows to convert from decimal to Hex. -----------------------------------------------------
&quot;It's true, its damn true!&quot;
-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks...that got me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back