Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Script not running for RAS users 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijmat

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2001
US
I am trying to make the login scripts run for any user who dials into our RAS(NT 4.0, SP6a) box. Our Domain is running under Windows 2000 Mixed mode and most of out Dialup users are using Windows 2000 Professional.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Viju Mathai

I ran into this with NT4.0 and dial in users. The resolution as I remember it was: Have they joined the domain? I had to join them to the domain then they could browse the network. Do you have Netbios over TCP/IP disabled? This too would cause it (even on a LAN).

Hope this helps...

Terry

I am sorry for not being specific

The login Scripts works perfectly fine within the network. We have a WAN and login scripts work fine for the WAN users also. Please note that out domain is running under windows 2000 Mixed mode.

The problem is only for dial-in users. All our Dial-in users are using Windows 2000 Prof. They log into the domain fine and they can see all the machines. So no problem with the WINS or the DNS servers. They can map to any drive using the NET USE command. If I give these users a batch file to execute, even that works fine. The problem is that the default domain login scripts does not execute at the moment they login to the domain (using Dial-in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back