Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login query

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapakhora

MIS
Jan 18, 2012
PK
Hi it is CS1K release 7.6 with CPDC as a UCM.
We normally use UCM user to login. What if i wnats to use conventional/Old login procedure??
can i still able to login using admin1 and admin2 while UCM is ON/all devices are registered under UCM.

how can i use old admin1 and admin2 account if i dont wants to use UCM login credentials?

Regards

can you not use putty to the node ip then log in through that, it will still check your account credentials with the one's on the sys/ucm????

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

As long as it's registered in UCM you have to use those credentials.

Is not there any way to login using conventional ADMIN1/ADMIN2 account while register on UCM???

Can somebody please mention the procedure of login using admin1 or admin2 if in case i am not able to login using UCM user (UCM password lost).

you have to build your user accounts via the UCM, so if you have already built those accounts you will be able to use them if not, is the CPDC co res?

Scott UK

If you build those accounts in UCM it will delete the local account, not a good idea to use admin1 or admin2 in UCM,.

It is not CoRes, two separate CPDC for redundancy.
I am just asking in case if user lost UCM user info then what will be the way of login into the system??

so you have separate call server?

Scott UK

Once again, as long as it's registered into UCM you HAVE to use use those credentials. Always a good idea to build a back door account in case the user forgets the password. Also change the accounts to never expire.

Hi,
Thanks for the help.
Is not there anyway to bypass UCM and login using local/conventional admin account??

Regards

Hi Pal it is procedure of resetting call server password.

The problem is that i have lost centralized UCM password and i wants to login using conventional admin1/admin2 password. I dont wants any password reset procedure of UCM or CS1K, i just wanted to know how can i over ride UCM passwords and login using conventional admin1/admin2 credentials.

Hi Pal it is procedure of resetting call server password.

The problem is that i have lost centralized UCM password and i wants to login using conventional admin1/admin2 password. I dont wants any password reset procedure of UCM or CS1K, i just wanted to know how can i override UCM passwords and login using conventional admin1/admin2 credentials.

Or is there any way i can login using admin1/admin2 even if call server is registered into UCM?

the whole point of the UCM is that it is a Security Domain & you cant log in without your credentials being verified via the UCM. The directions provided above would mean you need to disconnect the Sig Sers from the network allowing you to reset the local Call Ser accounts there bye allowing you to do your changes on the CS1k DB.
The one thing that you'll have to face up to is that you will need to get somebody in to reset the UCM account & build in a couple of user accounts for you as this is more involved & as I said before "If you aren't confident don't try it".

:)

Scott UK

Hi Pal,
Thanks for explaining and helping, Actually i wanted to know if there is a procedure to login using admin1/admin2 account even if UCM alive, i heard from somebody that there is a way to login using old conventional accounts even if CS1K is registered in or may be i understood wrong.

Regards

no not that I know of

Scott UK

You understood wrong. Once registered to UCM those are the credentials you have to use.

That is OK and understood.
Is there any way to unregistered CS1K from UCM if UCM password not known??? ( i dont wnats to go into break or reset UCM passwords)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back