Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsotb

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2003
US
Ok , can someone shed some light on this problem?

I have a Dell Latitude with windows 2000 installed.When I connect it to the lan and enter in the password I receive the following errors:

Invalid access to memory location
Network request is not supported

I remove the ethernet from the machine and re-boot , login as a standalone machine with no problem.

I thought it might have been the nic drive so I did re-install it with no luck.

Any suggestions would be helpfull..

Thanks

You will need to see your Event logs to get more information about the source of the error.

It is more likely it is a Permissions issue. This can be coming from Group Policy settings on your Domain, or an installation by a non-Administrator in the local console, or an Administrator installation where non-Admins do not have sufficient Permissions.

Without question this is a problem for your local Network Admin folks.

Well I figured out the problem. It seems that the machine had some sort of System Diag software that was causing a problem with the anti-virus and the 2000 login.

Dont ask me how , but after I removed the software, everything was back to normal..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back