Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login MGU

Status
Not open for further replies.

aau2

Technical User
Nov 12, 2004
ES
I wish to change the IP of MGU of MX-One v.4, but I cn´t login to MGU.

Which is user and password to access to MGU by ssh?

Thanks

aau2,

You can do it in two ways;
1)Make a terminal connection to the USB port in the front of the MGU.Use cable TSR 899 135/1, which is a USB to D-Sub cable, plus a 9pin D-Sub female to female adaptor.Use a terminal program, for example, kermit. Baud rate is set to 9600 bits/sec, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit

2)or use ethernet connection using the default address for eth0 of MGU which is: 192.168.1.2/24 , then do the needed ip changes you want.

rokane

Hi Rokane, I don´t have cable to usb, in tehe second way I tried with the user to connect but doesn´t work, which is the user and password by default?

Thanks

Login with user: admin, password: admin.
Switch to root, by: su -
The default password is root.

Use Putty communication software to connect to MGU and use the login and password given by agramkze above. Make sure the ip address of your pc is in the same network as the MGU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back