Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizJJ

Technical User
Feb 5, 2005
US
I am an office manager with very little IT expierience. I recently was put in charge of an office domain of 10 computers. What I have learned has been through reading and researching online. This problem I haven't been able to correct. On the windows 2000 advanced server, I opened up mmc and under the users/groups area changed the password for a particular user. Now the user cannot login. I myself has reset the password thinking maybe i mispelled or made an error when changing it, but still no login. So I am sure that the password was entered correctly and I have attempted to login at users pc with correct password, and still nothing. The caps lock on both the users pc and the server were not activated. Any help as to what I did to screw this up?

First thing I would check is that the account is not locked out.

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

What is the error that you get when trying to login as that user? Try logging in as yourself, or create a test user and see if he can login. This would eliminate that the pc has a problem authenicating on the domain.

HTH - Stiddy

Have you insured they are logging into the domain and not the local machine?

If you have a different pc in the same domain then try loggin in a different pc with the same username and password that you have reset. if you are able to login successfully then there is no issue with the username and password. first of all you need to know what is the error message you are getting when trying to login to that particular pc.

Also make sure that the PC is in the network(physical connection).

Hope this should resolve your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back