Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

login interface using Flash mx 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasoon

Programmer
Nov 15, 2002
IN
hi..
currently i am working on a small web project, which requires me to make a login interface for the members, and i want to do it in flash. but the problem is after trying so hard i am unable to add new membersinto the interface.

i am using the actionscript to grant the member access, but every time a new user sing up then i have to rewrite the actionscript again and reload it to the server.
the reason i am using actionscript instead of the CGi script is i dont have my own server and the server i use for my site dont have cgi support.

therefore my problem is is there any possible way for the actionscript to read the record from a text file to grant the member access??, which i can update anytime with ease

You can use loadVariables() to get information from a text file.

loadVariables('txtFile.txt',"");

loads data into the main timeline then you need the content of the textfile in this format so that Flash can use the variables:

&user1=joe&password1=joepass&user2=bob&password2=bobpass etc..

thank you wangbar, you really helped me out

But you should be using the new LoadVars() object, works much better than loadVariables does! Regards,

oldman3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back