Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Failure Audit Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicam

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
The background is we have a browser based reports application using asp pages that display a reports menu. To access Crystal reports which are connecting to a SQL Server 2000 database, Crystal Enterprise 10 Embedded engine is used In the menu we pass a username and password which works successfully and the user can see the report.

The issue is that a SQL login failure is always registered preceding the successful access of
report with passed login. The login failure is for the login id that was used to make the database connection in the report designer.

I am adding to this since I still don't have answer and want to pose question in different way.
Behaviour of Crystal Enterprise 10 Embedded is exhibited as followed.
I took asp sample file which appears under C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Report Application Server 10\Samples\En\asp\simpledatabaselogon after install
1. Modified SimpleSetLogonInfo.asp putting in our sa username and password
2.Modified SimpleSetLogonInfo.rpt updating pubs connection username and password to our internal username
3. When accessing report from browswer it appears fine HOWEVER the issue is that there is a logon failure audit event for SQL Server logon for our internal logon name , right before sucessful connection of "sa". It seems the report always tries to connect with hardcoded logon name which was used in report design and stored in .rpt file even if other username is passed as argument. Anyway this logon failure is causing an issue at client, and they don't have option to have a username without password for reports which would cause message to go away.

We have all the service packs installed.

If anyone has seen this or has a solution let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back