Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login, doesn't save mappings, shortcuts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leap35

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2002
US
I have one user that when logging into a NT4.0 domain w/ a W2K pc, I can authenticate to the domain and browse, etc. When I create shortcuts folders on the network they don't save after logging off and back in again. If this is done as administrator there is no issue, the shortcuts and mapped drives save. Also it just gives a welcome to Windows 2000 screen every login as if it was the first time. I would appreciate some help on this one. Thanks.

First of all, is the computer browser service disabled in the win2k box? if not, disable it, reboot and see if that's the cure.

If not, try running login scripts on the server, and if that doesn't work, drop a batch file into the startup on the 2000 workstation with the "net use" commands.

Good luck.

Sounds like a mandatory profile.Check the NTuser file in the users profile.If it is NTuser.man instead of NTuser.dat then thats where your problem lies.

Thanks for the insight, I'll give these a go this week,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back