Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

login authentication and Nortel VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyer20

Technical User
May 26, 2003
US
Running XP with Contivity VPN Client V04_15.06

Connect ok, but when I try to access file servers on the corp side, they cannot be found. It appears to be associated with whether a cached authentication login (local) or actual domain connected loging was done. The only solution(s) seem to be.

1) If remote, log in using dial-up authentication. Then after login we can switch to cable and thing work.

2) Only use stand-by or hibernate while remote. Since the last login was done at work and therefore domain connected - this seems to work up to the next reboot etc.

So the question is, why? what can be done? I can keep the vpn tunnel up through logout / login, but once it has used the cached login info it continues to and does me no good.

Is there a way to 'force' the VPN connection to be used for login? Mapping the network server via 'log in as another user doesn't work (in this mode)'.

Is there server setting that should be different?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back