Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login and Reporting Services and sessions issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyH1

Programmer
Jan 11, 2004
GB
We have a site that is running a .net 2 site on Win 2003 server. We also have Reporting Services (v1) running on this site.

The main site they login is in the form 'site.company.com'

and the Reports section is
The main site they login is in the form 'site.company.com/Reports'

We have a number of reports on the site. One of these reports lists a collection of jobs with links and when you click on each job it takes them to a report giving more detail on that job. This works fine online and from looking at the main report it uses DrillThrough to do this.

The problem is that the customer and their client also require to download the main report as Excel or PDF. When they've done this they often open the report and will click on the links to go to the individual job reports online . The links in this (Excel or PDF) report are in the form:

Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://<site.company.com>/ReportServer?/Division/Customer+Reports/ReportTitle&Identifier=jobidentifier[/URL]

The first time they click on a link they are expected to login, which is what I'd expect, but when they click on a second link, although the previous report is open they again get asked to login, the same with the third and fourth etc.

I assume the issue is the session variable. Clicking in the main report while viewing it online in the site I assume uses relative addresses, and so the session remains the same, but when they use an offline report they are using absolute addresses, so for some reason its seeing each session as a unique one and requiring a login each time.

I wondered if anyone has a solution to this. I didn't set up this site so am not that knowledgeably on reporting services and there is little we can do to the site as we dont have the original source code, but I wondered if there's any network setting etc, we can use to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back