Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamwalker

Programmer
Apr 30, 2002
US
Hey everyone ... I was wondering ... is there any functions already done to log what users do while connected to your db ... I did a log of LOGING/LOGOFF ... but for what they modify never quite worked on that ... you have any idea ??

I would appreciate if someone already done that on his database ... we have a little problem here ... ppl doesnt care much about the way you enter new data ... so I need to get some proof and show them ...

Thanks in advance
Vince aka Dreamwalker

I have one, but due to company email size restrictions, I can't send it to you. but here's what I did.....

I create a table to log the actions. It had EventId (PK, AutoNumber), Date (Default = Date()), UserID, and Event (Text Boxes). I create a form bound directly to the table. I set this DataEntry Property to this form to Yes. This caused it always to open to the new record. Then, in any event I wanted to record, I simply added the following AFTER the event occured.

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEvent", acNormal, , , , acHidden
Forms![frmEvent]![UserId].Value = Forms![frmMainScreen]![UserName].Value
Forms![frmEvent]![Event] = "Processed Data for Today"
DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmEvent"

I even went back and added this code to some events I wanted to record ERRORS to....I merely added it wherever I wanted is and changed the text value to whatever they were doing. If you like, I can strip out all the data from this database and just send you the forms and tables empty so you can see it....just let me know.
Programming isn't a profession of choice.
It's a profession of calling...
"Hey Programmer, your application broke again!" [spin]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
robert.l.johnson.iii@citi.com

I have it stripped down...just give me your email address. Programming isn't a profession of choice.

woah thanks ...

whats the size of it ...

vince8101@hotmail.com

if its too big send it to
jlangelier@ergoresearch.com

Thanks
Vince

I have it do to about 550K.....on the way. Programming isn't a profession of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back