Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging on problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebel4k

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2002
GB
I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem. My company are currently using windows NT 4 as their operating system. On occasions, when an individual locks their workstation and then try’s to log back on, the system does not recognise their password, and gives them the invalid password message. It also does not allow you to view the domain drop down box, so you are only left with the user name and password boxes. It doesn’t even allow you to unlock the screen using the administrator account. This is causing a problem because users’ are having to switch off their machines in order log back onto the system, which means that if they had unsaved work running, then they automatically lose it. When the user then logs on again after switching off their machine, it allows them to log on using the same password that they were previously using. I would appreciate some feedback on this issue, if anyone has ever experienced this before.

Regards

Do you have log in times defined as 24hrs or do they automatically get logged out during a specified time?

I have experienced this before and it appeared to happen when my PC ran out of virtual memory after the screen saver kicked in.

You may have a PC resource issue or maybe a memory leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back