Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging Off Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyholmes

Programmer
Mar 17, 2004
AU
Hi,

Does anybody know how to disconnect or log off users who are using the system through the Crystal Management Console.

If i have for example 5 users currently logged on, and i want to disconnect or log off one of the users to free up a license, how do i do this ?

I did try that option thanks. It kind of seemed it was a way of cheating to logoff users. However this seems like its the only option. Thanks for replying.

It is what i asked to do, but if i have 5 licenses and they are are all being used by 1 account, this doesnt allow me to individually log people off. I only have the option of getting rid of all 5 at once. It just seems a bit Crass.

Ahhhh, I see, you kept the shared account part a secret... By account I assume that you mean they are sharing the same login.

You can alter the auto logout time by going into the

I don't know of a means to do that unless you write some sort of custom front end.

You might want to read:

-k

Many Thanks.

Its no wonder your tipster of the week !

You can also set the default timeout in the WCS down from twenty minutes to increase license use.

I've tried to set the default timeout in WCS in CE10 and it does not work. Has anyone been able to do this successfully? Thanks

It does work if it is configured correctly.

What you are probably seeing is CE utilzing a token to silently log the user back on. If you set the timeout low you can monitor the session count from the CMS properties page (CMC) when you refresh the page the session count will drop after the timeout passes. When the use clicks on something the token is used to log them back in and the session count increases.

Kingfisher [CECP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back