Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging into BCM 400, not connecting!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilNobles

Technical User
Jul 3, 2007
US
Over the weekend for some reason the voicemail system decided to go a little crazy on us. So we decided to restart the system in the hopes that it would fix the problem. Well now we can't even connect to the BCM, we get link lights and every thing fine, but when we attempt to connect through the Element manager we have no luck. We are not even able to get in through the internet browser.

Has anyone had anything similar like this happen, it is on a BCM 400. I would appreciate any help I can get, I am stumped, I was hoping that it was just something stupid that I was overlooking. But it does not appear to be the case.

Any suggestions

Neil

If this is an older BCM, check the BFT Caps, if there green you will need to replace it.

I have seen this many times, when the CPU is 100% used then it does not allow Element Mgr to connect. I have tested this while monitoring the CPU using BCM Monitor.

Having the same issue right now... replaced the board with no change. Any suggestions ? Will keep you posted on progress on this end.

When we swapped it out the status lights went solid then it dropped and started flashing again.

Did you change the BFT with a known working BFT?

It could also be the Hard Drive.

Yes, it worked when they removed it and stored it... They did a quick check to see that it came up in the shop before it was shipped. The only thing is the replacement also has the green caps so it will only be a band aid for now...

Just swapped the bft and got the results listed above. Replacing the MSC now.

Turned out on our system it was the hard drive. The system is only a month old and for some reason the hard drive completely quite working.

I just replaced it and everything seems to be working properly. Anyone seen this happen before?

Early on, we had an out of box hard drive failure which resulted in debilitating echo and lockup on a new installation.... However, 70 sites and counting, no new ones.

But it did take a temper tantrum to get it looked at seriously.

KE407122

When I find myself on the road less travelled, it just means I'm lost.

Good deal, glad to hear that you got it worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back