Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logging Calls on Sets that do not Appear and Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBINGER1

Vendor
Feb 6, 2003
US
Have I lost my mind?
Norstar MICs Rls 7.1 with 2 Caller ID Cards and 5 each Analog POTs lines
16 each T7316e Sets
I have 2 Sets that have all 5 Lines set to "Appear and Ring"
The other 14 Sets are "Appear Only" on all 5 Lines
Caller ID works between the First and Second Ring on the "Appear & Ring" Sets
And F811 Works Great on the "Appear Only" Sets
Transferred Calls send the Caller ID to the Set as it should
Call Log works Great on the "Appear & Ring" Sets
Here is the problem:
They want to be able to Log the Transferred Calls on the Sets that are "Appear Only"
I setup one of those sets to Log Calls with a limit of 25 calls
Used F*84 to set my Options to "Log All Calls" and also tried "Log Unanswered by Me".
And it Logs Every Call that comes into the System without it being Transferred to that Set.
Let me know if any of you have this setup working or if it is just not possible.

Works as it should so you have not lost your mind.

Call Log is to log calls while you were away.
It does not automatically log calls that you answered at a user level, however if you do need to log a specific call you answered then do F813 while on the current call to add it to the log to see it later.

Log All Calls however will log all calls to the lines assigned to that set be it ring or appear.

Your problem in this scenario is Key mode instead of PBX mode (Park & Page)
If they do not like how it works and really need to log all calls just for their sets then change system over to Park and Page instead of line appearances at users sets (Key mode) mode by removing all lines from all sets (except reception), training all users (or the admin/recptn) on how to park and retrieve calls and dial out using the dest/pool code such as 9....just like a PBX.

Hope that makes sense?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back