Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logged on Interactively? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamuk

Technical User
May 12, 2006
US
Attempting to log on to a SBS2k3 and get the following:

"The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively"

I'm attempting to log on as the administrator. I have rebooted teh computer several times. I am able to log on as another account who has admin rights. What is blocking me from using the Admin account? I searched through the Admin Profile manager and don't see antying unusual.

Anyone able to pinpoint for me exactly where in the Profile editor this "feature" has been set?

Is there any way to reset the ""Group Policy Management" tool to it's default installation configuration? I would think not but I'm hoping I'm wrong. /sigh.

Thanks to anyone able to help me out on this one.

What is configured for the following policies on this system?

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\

Allow log on locally

and

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\

Deny log on locally

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

thank you for the post and help, Joey. This is what I have configured.

Allow log on Locally:
Account Operators, Administrators, Backup Operators, Print Operators, Server Operators, BSRC\USR_BSRCDelt
The "Define these Policy Settings" box is checked

AND for "Deny log on locally" I have:

BSRC\SBS Remote Operators
BSRC\SBS STS Worker
BSRC\Support_38845a0
BRSC\WMUS_BRSCDelt

Only thing I can think of is that the Administrator account is associated with one of the firs two groups being denied access yet when I checke the members of those two groups, Administrator was not to be found.

Now, I can log on to the Server via RDP. But I am unable to log on directly on the server as Administrator. /shrug.

Anything else you can think of?

Hmmm... is a security group that the Administrator account is a member of nested in one of those denied groups? Make sure that the Administrator account is not a member of the "Domain Power Users" group, as this group is a member of the "Remote Operators" group by default.

- "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively" error message when you try to log on to a computer that is running Windows Small Business Server 2003 by using an Administrator account

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back