Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logevent 247, how do i find the bus/port

Status
Not open for further replies.

imapirate

Programmer
Dec 15, 2010
US
the description that the BCM gives for the bus and port does not make sense.

Verify that attached sets/peripherals at Port <Fields 1-2> of Bus <Fields 7-8> initialize and function.If something is not working reset it.If the problem persists contact your local support group.Example :Logevent 247 Field=00 Field 2=01 Field=03...Filed n =N.

the logevent that i received is:
Logevent 247 00 DB 02 39 00 28 00 02 00 0C 00 01 2C 44 42 2C 32 33 39 2C 32 38 2C 32 2C 43 2C 31

does this mean that bus 02 and port DB?

hi imapirate,
i have the same error message on my unit. did you get a fix for this?

Logevent 247 00 E5 02 49 00 32 00 02 00 0C 00 01 2C 45 35 2C 32 34 39 2C 33 32 2C 32 2C 43 2C 31
Verify that attached sets/peripherals at Port <Fields 1-2> of Bus <Fields 7-8> initialize and function.If something is not working reset it.If the problem persists contact your local support group.Example :Logevent 247 Field=00 Field 2=01 Field=03...Filed n =N.

i saw all the lights on the bcm panel on (steady)

rebooted

when i try to connect after rebooting via Nortel Business Element Manager, i get this error message
Exception occurred when trying to connect
Detector 'BCMDetector' cannot determine the device type for 192.168.45.4.

never mind,
i rebooted, took about 10 minutes for the machine to fully boot up. When i re-checked the logs, everything was fine. Not sure what happened.

most of the logevent247 messages will eventually get cleared out if you reload the DSM that the sets are terminateed on. i have seen the same errors coming from a group of BCM's that came out around 4 years ago.

i have also seen the power supply going on the fritz in these BCM's and the logevent247 being generated. don't know how the DSM gets the error (other than a bus issue with the earlier releases)

another problem i had before i realized having these Logevent247 was that one of my lines were staticy and then when i disconnected it, the line went out completely and never came back. I try to trace the line with a toner and it traces fine, but when i put a dmm on one end and try to trace it on the other end, i get no connectivity. Though the weather was pretty bad, then yesterday, the weather started to clear up, and the phone started to work again, but about the same time, i checked the logs and these messages appeared. I rebooted, waited, then the messages stopped appearing.
we recently upgraded to BCM 4.0 (Linux) from 3.6 (WinNT) about 6 months ago.

could one of the wires be crossed cause Logevent247 messages?

wanted to add...
reason why i'm asking is because i connected the two wires together to see if i get a continuous loop at the server room, but forgot to disconnect it. after rebooting, it was still connected, but only 1 Eventlog 247 showed up, and after i disconnected the loop and put the phone back on, no more eventlog 247 messages after that.

if similar comes up, try disabling bus then re-enable. phones will take a little time, and the trunks longer. be patient. this has cleared out many of the events for me - one today on a 4x16.

oh man,
these messages keep coming back.

i turned off my BCM to change the battery in the UPS, and when i turn my BCM back on, i get these same eventlog 247 messages every hour or so.

btw imapirate, how do you disable/re-enable the bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back