Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logagent.exe and update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgrimmy

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US
Hi all, I haven't asked a dumb question for awhile so I feel entitled to throw 2 at you geniuses!

Twice now my computer (1.8 gig, win 98se) has frozen with just my wallpaper showing and the mouse cursor, both times the file "logagent.exe" was the culprit. I had to replace it and restore my registry. Now when I try to do a windows update it says it's incomplete, I have followed all the directions to remedy this problem thats listed on the update web page with no sucess. any idea whats going on?

Second really dumb question:
I have an ASUS A7V8X motherboard, brand new and a Maxtor 60 gig hard drive. Shouldn't I be able to use this drive without the EZ Max software to fool my bios it's smaller? My bios should be able to handle this size HD shouldn't it? Is there a way around it?

You guys are the greatest,
Thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back