Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Log Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliseFreedman

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
GB
Im trying to set up log shipping on my machine. To do this I am using the Database maintenance plan wizard.

The first time I ran the wizard, i got an error

Code:
Error 14261 : the specified primary_server_name.primary_database_name('A') already exists.

With help from Microsoft Technet I managed to eliminate this error by manually deleting all the entries in the Log Shipping Tables

I then ran the wizard again and I now get a different error

Code:
Error14261: the specified plan name ('AUTHORIS-LTZB8F\PRODUCTION.pubs_logshipping') Already exists
[\code]

Ive tried running the sp_delete_log_shipping_plan procedure to delete it using the following syntax

[code]
EXEC   msdb.dbo.sp_delete_log_shipping_plan @plan_name = N'AUTHORIS-LTZB8F\PRODUCTION.pubs_logshipping', @del_plan_db = 1

However, I get an error saying that the specified plan_name ('AUTHORIS-LTZB8F\PRODUCTION.pubs_logshipping') does not exist.

anyone got any ideas

Can you run this and see what happens

EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_delete_log_shipping_plan @plan_name = N['AUTHORIS-LTZB8F\PRODUCTION.pubs_logshipping'], @del_plan_db = 1

Cyno

Ive tried it and got the following error
Incorrect syntax near '='.

Did you see any records in log_shipping_plans table in msdb database???

Try to copy the plan name from the table and run

EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_delete_log_shipping_plan @plan_name = N'plan_name', @del_plan_db = 1

Cyno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back