Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Log On To List Needs Server for RWW Logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjr

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
US
I have recently set up Remote Web Workplace, and want to limit user logons to only their computers. I am using the Log On To feature of the Account Tab in the User Properties of AD. If I do not include the server in the list, users are unable to log into RWW. Without the server in the list, bad username or password is returned in response to the logon attempt.

So to accomplished my goal I must include both the client computer name and the server name for each user. It just seems odd that I must include the server name. Comments anyone?

I don't think what you said is correct. Logging into RWW doesn't have anything to do with logging into the terminal services for the server itself. RWW is just a web interface to allow you to connect to the other desktop terminal services. Do not add the server to the list. You definitely do not want to change the settings that prevent standard users from being able to log directly onto your server especially from remote.

Danny, if I remove the server from the list, I get the bad user name or password error. If I include the server in the list I get a successful RWW logon. I have tried it with multiple users. What do think is up with that?

I definintely do NOT want to include the server in the list. By the way as long as the user does not have admin. privlages, he does not have the option to log on to a server.

That's what I get for reading your question too fast!
If you are using the "Log on to" restrictions for a user's account in AD, you have to include both the SBS server name and any workstation names they will access. You also need to make the user a member of the "Remote Web Workplace" user group. Since you have completed these steps, you are all set!

Thanks Danny. That is a relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back