Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Log off Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTesla1886

Technical User
Mar 14, 2008
US
I have put together a computer use policy, that I want to require users to agree to before they can use Windows.

Problem is that their are ten different locations. Only one location has a server with active directory. What I did was set up IIS on the server at the main office. I created an html file containing the Use Policy. I was able to create a link "I Agree" that closes the Kiosk Mode IE window. What I need now is a link "I disagree" that will log off windows.

Is this possible and if so how is it done? Anyone know?

While I've never done it, you could probably use IE's ActiveX control to run a shell and use whichever command fits your needs most appropriately.

Check out these links for commands which might work for you:

Hope this helps,

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

Sounds like an idea.

However I have never written code for ActiveX. Anybody have any idea were to start?

Thank You

Kevin
Tektility Inc
Maximizing Potential Through Technology

Sounds like an idea.

However I have never written code for ActiveX. Anybody have any idea were to start?

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back