Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locks ups with accessing server (saving, printing, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrendaH

Technical User
Sep 13, 2002
US
We use wordperfect 9 (installed locally) on our workstations (running windows 98 second edition) and store all of our forms and files on a Novell server. Some of the workstations are locking up regularly 3-4 times per day. It seems to happen often when the save, save as, and print buttons are clicked on and it is driving the users crazy. I downloaded and installed every patch I could find and it hasn't helped. I've tried reinstalling wordperfect. Nothing seems to make a difference. Has anybody had this problem? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Brenda

This is a common problem that can be resolved by downloading the newest novell client and put the nwsys.dll patch on it. the patch is a sys file that is copied to your local machine, it is explained at the support website. The problem exists in all version 8,9,10 of corel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back