Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locking screen while updating text 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcroft

Instructor
Feb 21, 2005
US
I am trying to do something with Director MX that I have done with both Hypercard and Authorware. I am constructing screen contents dynamically from a text file. The problem I have encountered is preventing the new text from appearing as quickly as the updating commands are issued. I would like to update the text on the screen and then reveal the updated screen using a transition effect.

In HyperTalk this was simple enough--one used a "lock screen" command prior to moving things around on the screen, and then used "unlock screen with *some visual effect*"

My efforts so far using _movie.puppetTransition have resulted in the updates appearing on the screen, and then the transition ocurring. Not quite what I had in mind.

Any ideas?

Try "updateLock" - it suppose to prevent the stage from updating. According to the documentation, however, the field cast member will show the text changes immediately regardless of the updateLock settings. You can get around this by using text members instead (I think…)

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back