Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

locking problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

helena

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
PT
Hi!

I have a VB application that uses an MSAccess 97 database. There are many users accessing that database throught terminal Server. After a few connections the problems appear. The database stays corrupted and the users are not allowed to connect to the database without first repairing it.
I used LDB Viewer and there values indicating that users accessed corrupted pages.
Someone as ideias about what's going on?

Thanks

Lena

In fact I've experienced this problem.
Microsoft says that : "Some types of databases can become corrupted if a user ends an application without closing Database or Recordset objects and the Microsoft Jet database engine" or in general by an unclosed write operation to the record.
You can check this but, for my experience, large multiuser access to an access database is a problem and there's no way to get out.
What you think about using SQL-Server?
I'll investigate

...or in your application create a sub:
if a user insert a new record, and doesn't update it, after some time the form automatically updates it.

perhaps the number of errors decreses

s-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back