Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locking down portion of a PDF form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theseekers

Technical User
Jul 22, 2004
US
Hello netters,

I have a pdf form that allow user to digital sign using their smartcard. I need to route this to different people and I noticed that when you send to a different users; the signature block becomes invalid. I think when I sent it to a different user something has changed; thus it invalidate the previous user's signature. I would like to know if you can prevent this. For example, A signs the form; I can see a green check mark on his block indicates that the signature is all good. A sends the form to B for his signature. B opens the form to sign, and now I notice that there is a ? on A's signature block. This tell me that by open the form by B; that indicate B is tempering with the document (I guessed). If I can block or keep A's Signature block inactive (locked down) then I won't see the ? on it when it gets to B.

Any suggestion any one?...
TIA for your input.

Better late than never.....

This means that "B" does not have a digital signature certificate on his computer to compare to "A" digital signature, so it cannot authenticate and displays a "?".

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back