Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locking down access functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stangin83

Technical User
Jul 15, 2007
US
Hey, I'm just running a sports bar & large night club in Panama City Beach, FL ... I hope this is the right forum to ask this question.. but on my DJ computer I basically am running everything off iTunes for the most part, my "real" dj's have their own equipment. On this computer that controls the house music, I want to make it so that when a user logs in, they are not able to get on Firefox and doing anything, I don't want anything downloaded, I only want iTunes to be running and nothing else.

Any idea on a cheap/free program that will let me lock out all settings and all programs and all downloads?

Right now, I just have it set so itunes is in the startup directory for the user DJ and have it set to super kiosk mode... but i'm sure they'll soon figure out a way around this.

thanks,
Russ

More on Steadstate in here, see the included links too.

windows steadystate 64-bit?
thread779-1428255

Something like these might be available too?

Using Software Restriction Policies to Protect Against Unauthorized Software

How To Use Software Restriction Policies in Windows Server 2003

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Software Restriction Policies

Description of the Software Restriction Policies in Windows XP

Lock down Xp pro
thread779-562838

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back