Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locking choices of Drives and Directoryin drvLisBox and dirListBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

draugen

Programmer
Nov 24, 2004
NO
I'm using a drvListBox, a dirListBox, and a fileListBox.
Is there a way to lock the choice of the drive in the drvListBox, and the choice of the directory in the dirListBox until the user change them or until the program is terminated? If so how do I accomplish this.

Many Thanks ahead of time.

You have to define your definition of “lock the choice”

Whatever user selects – it is *locked* until users selects something else, or application terminates.

So, what do you want to do exactly…?

Have fun.

---- Andy

Just for info, it is probably better to use the common dialog control for file selection, as that is the interface most users will be familiar with. drvListBox, a dirListBox, and a fileListBox date from the days when we didn't have access to the common dialogs

Andrzejek. With "lock the choices", I mean: that if the user chose 'C drive' from the drvListbox, the folder 'IKDV' from the dirListbox, exited the form (not the program), and then accessed the form again, the choice in the drvListBox should be set at 'C drve' (rather then, forexample), 'Y drive'. And the dirListbox should be, also, set at 'IKDV', so the folders files is listed in the fileListbox. (just like the "common dialog control, file section".

And Thanks Stongm, I haddened thought about using the Common dialog control, so I went the long way, and created one. It works just like Windows own explorer, even looks simular.

However, I solved my problem, I initially unloaded form instead of just "hiding" it with the command 'me.hide'

Thank anyway.

Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back