Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainm

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
AU
Guys,
I've rather cleverly managed to lock myself out of my own database. I was messing wround with the startup options - trying to set it up so that when the user started the dtatabase they'd only get the main form, not the database window, the toolbars and menus etc that are available to the developer. I checked the help file for the special access keys and figured that ctrl+f11 would bring back the access menu so I could continue to work on it, but it's not to be. I now can't get back into the startup properties window. Can someone tell me how to get back there? Also, Is it possible to set it so that all the user sees is the main form on startup, rather than getting the Microsoft Access window in the background?
cheers,
-IainM

Hi IainM

Question 1> If you hold down the shift key and double click on your MDB file you will be able to view the database window and start up etc again.

Question 2> As far as I know it is not possible in access to do this. David Lerwill
"If at first you don't succeed go to the pub"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back