Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locked out of port config menu (BPS2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack2423

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2006
US
Im working with the BPS2000 switch/stacks and telneting through BOSS version 3.0.
More and more of the switches are giving the "This screen cannot be simultaneously accessed through the console port and telnet." message when trying to get into the port config menu.
(main menu -> switch config -> port config )
I know this happens after timing out or losing connection when in the port config but it always reset in a short while. is there anyway to reset that withougth having to reset the whole switch/stack?
i googled for hours and looked through some release notes i could find on line but i havent come accross anything helpful, can anyone point me in the right direction or if uve seen this before throw me a bone.

It sounds like the switches *think* someone is attached to the console when you're trying to telnet in.

Do you have modems attached to the console ports?? (they may be spitting out some garbage and logging on...or making the switch think someone is logging on via the conosle).

If no modems, you might also want to check to see if there are cables attached that used to connect to something. Sometimes a free hanging cable can pick up noise and put that on the console inteface causing problems.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back