Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

locked out of database - pls help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pduncan

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
I have a couple of mdb's that have active ldb files. The ldb's are from previous connections I made to the DB, but I DO NOT have they open now. The problem is that I can't edit a report (BTW, which I must do today). I cant delete the ldb file or move the mdb.
I am using an app called ldb viewer to see who is connected to the mdb (see for download/details)

PDUNCAN - MEMPHIS, TN

“Friends help you hide. Real friends help you hide bodies.”

You want code to kick this user out. I can't find it right now, but there is code somewhere here and on the MVPS site as well. Once you add that code ALL users will be kicked out and your database will be free to edit the one form. Good luck.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

I have this happens when I have to do a hard reset. I have found that I have to shutdown and restart to break the lock on the ldb. Once the restart completes I can delete the ldb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back