Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lock with RM30101 and RM30201 using VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heist

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
CA
I am using VB 6.0 to write a program to export some data out of the tables RM20101, RM20201, RM30101 and RM30102. I created a DataEnvironement which uses and ODBC link to the GreatPlains database (using the Pervasive software ODBC interface for windows). What I am doing is basically retrieving, one by one, every row from those tables and storing them into an Access Database. With the tables RM20101 and RM20201, everything works just fine, but with the 2 other tables, VB seems to lock when I try to open them (using the command DE.RM30101 for instance). I checked the physical size of those 2 tables, and RM30101 is 99.7 MB and RM30201 is 55.0 MB. What really bothers me about this is that it works perfectly with some tables and just plain locks with some others.

Why don't you try just importing the table directly to access. Or you could link the table this will not replicate the data it will just refer to the table in pervasive and prevents and chance of getting data inconsistancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back