Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lock Files (*.ldb) are Hindering my Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatik

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
I have setup a set of asp scripts to handle database interactivity throught a local netword. All databases (created in ms access) are hosted on the server. I have several different applications for these scripts. The problem lies when using the scripts to access the database, throught the I_USR account. As expected a database_name.ldb file is created. The problem lies with it remaining open even after the websession has been terminated. When the file is opened it list the machine the user logged on from with the user Admin, regardless of the current user. This indicates the user and machine that has locked the database. I have checked to see that all the connections and record sets have been properly closed. The file remains which is causing problems for the department wanting to edit the database via Access and not the scripts. I suspect the problem has something to do with exclusive locking permissions, but I have not been able to solve the problem as of yet. If anyone is able to assist or needs more details, it will be greatly appreciate and probably help my review this Friday *smirk*. Thank you for reading all this. - vatik

What type of network software is being used?
I had a problem like this with Novell that involved the user permissions.

The unfortunate thing with the .ldb is that as long as one user has an open link to the back end data tables, the .ldb remains in existence.

No novell is installed. Using a WinNT 4.0 server running IIS 4.0... I know its just with the asp... there are no problems when opened throught access. the table closes. Thats whats getting me. I wish i could just disable ldb all togather and i wouldn't have this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back