Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Location of cached emails - Groupwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitemtntn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2000
US
I have an external hard drive with the C: drive of a laptop copied to it. This laptop was used to access Groupwise for email.
My question is two-fold:
How do I figure out if there is a cached copy of the person's email on the laptop, and how do I read this email?

Thanks,
Jack

The caching mailbox should be in the following location where the XXXXXXX part is the mailbox ID of the user as seen in ConsoleOne. It could be in a different path though

C:\novell\groupwise\gwxxxxxx

To locate the folder (if it's there), use the list of files/folders that SHOULD be in the caching folder and do a search on the external drive for it.

Now that you've found the folder, you need to point to the folder and ask GW to open in Caching mode. To start GW client in CACHING mode - see this document. It specifies at the bottom to create a shortcut that specifies caching mode and the path to the caching directory.

Beware that all of this hinges on you KNOWING the GroupWise password that was in use at the time the caching mailbox was created. If you don't know the password, things just got WAY more difficult. Note that the password could be the regular (online) password for Groupwise or it could be different if the user chose to put a different password on the caching mailbox when it was created(yes, you can do that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back