Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Location Maintnance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniL

Technical User
Sep 28, 2004
US
I am new to ARCServe (usually use Veritas) and I manage 4 different sites, all out of state, and their backup tapes get sent to our main site... My question is, is there a way that I can manage the tapes so that I know which tapes are where at any given location? I.e., month end tape is at HQ, week end tape #3 is at the remote location... etc... I need to be able to log in to the server and see where each tape is... Is there a module in ARCServe that will allow this? We use r11.1

Peace,
Toni L. [yinyang]

Windows reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

Hi,

OF course you can if you are using Media pools

On the Media Pool Manager, you can expand the SAVE/Scratch set , then on the media name... right click.. location Maintenance.

YOu can enter the name of the Offsite Location and it's details on the dialogue box that pops up..

If you need to know where the tapes are..

you can run a report using the Report Writer Tool, to generate a report of the "location" of all the media being used.

As an advanced option(if you install Enterprise option) .. you can use Media Management Option (MMO) to manipulate the media movement.

Hope this Helps

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Speshalyst is correct. The MMO is meant for 0ff-site vaulting management but you have to purchase the Enterprise Module to be able to use it. It's functionility is OK but limited.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back