Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Localization/Internationalization of reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonLord

Technical User
May 9, 2002
US
Any ideas on how to make a report (Crystal 9) contain the "resource strings" to support multiple languages...for instance, I need to show on the title page of the report "Processing Date: 12/31/2002"...I can make the date format as d/m/y or m/d/y no problem but to prevent having to have a separate report for each language I want Processing Date to also be determined by the report at runtime...

ideas?

You might be able to use the database to return the text in the current language, or, have it return the current language being used and then have a formula which changes based on this.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

In our reports, we need to have english and french version for same reports.
What we did is we use same column to contain english and french content which will display in reports base on different language parameters. in report layout, if it's a simple reports, we will create formula to change report layout, for i.e, column name, or create 2 sections for logo display, i.e, english logo, french logo, also base on language to show or hide; If it's a complex and big reports, i.e, one main reports contain more than 10 subreports, we just create another same report with name reportname_fr.rpt and change everything to french.

Hope it helps !

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back