Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local Websites not Viewable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexthageek

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2002
US
Let me start by explaining my setup.

We are in the process of testing webfilters

Currently, I have ISA Server 2004 running and SmartFilter 4.1 running for content filtering. All external websites are viewable (except for those blocked by the filtering software). ISA and webfilter software are on the same server.

The ipaddress of my ISA server is 192.168.1.2

My problem is this.
When a user visits a blocked site, they are supposed to get a warning page. But instead get "502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator."

If I add the ip address to the IE/Firefox connection "do not use proxy for this address" It works without any problems.

Do i have something set wrong in ISA or is there a way I can tell ISA to ignore that IP when routing though proxy.

Now when we do rollout our new filter I really dont want to have to add that all 3000 computer throughout the district.

Thanks in Advance
Mike

block the sites by ip in the isa server are good solution for block sites its allways much better than contect filter but less dinamic

coco10

I work for a school district and there are ALOT of websites that need to be filtered. We also needs good reports on user access. Plus the school gets money back from the state when they use a state approved Web Filter.

The only problem I am having is the Smartfilter Block page being properly displayed. For some reason ISA is giving a proxy error when the filter attempts to display the page which is running on port 9014 on the ISA/Filter server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back