Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local vs Network Printing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

al929

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
I am using a Citizen Label printer as a local printer to a computer that is hooked up to an office network. The label printer is my default printer. When I try to print a test page to the local printer everything goes well EXCEPT that the page is printed to the network printer. The local port is recognized.....when I deleted it it came right back.....Here is the strange part, when I tryed DELETING the network printer and ran a test, the page still printed to the network printer.
I am really stumped by this.
Help would be appreciated......If additional information is needed....just let me know.
Thanks in advance

What is in the printers folder on your PC? what printer's are listed,and what are their ports? Have you tried deleting all printers on the system,and just installing the label printer as a local and seeing if you can print to it. If you can,then add the network printer and port. What version of windows are you using,since you are in an office,windows NT,2000,or XP will require you to be logged in as the admin to add,remove,or change the hardware setup.

The machine is set running WindowsXP Pro. I am the only user and hence the administrator of the system.
When I deleted the network printer and tried to test the local printer....The actual test page was sent to the NETWORK PRINTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back