Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local Users option not found in Computer Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggg678

Technical User
Aug 6, 2011
IN
Hi all,

I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have created an new user account with administrator option then deleted my existing administrator account. After that i am unable to see the option Local users in Computer management. And also i have changed my computer name but still it is showing old computer name.

pls help me to rectify...

Thanks & regards,

ggg678

Have you rebooted after changing the name of the computer?

Can you open Local Users via launching lusrmgr.msc in Start RUN?

Why were you deleting and creating users, have you had other problems too?

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows 7 - Repair Install

Yes i did reboot lot of times but it is not showing.

And i tried now that "lusrmgr.msc" it is showing

"This computer is running windows 7 Home basic. This snapin may not be used with this version of windows. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the user accounts tool in the control panel".

And some time if i am going to install some softwares it is showing the older profile's folder name but it is not available.

Thanks & regards,

ggg678

No before my laptop used by some other colleague. now i am using this one so i tried to remove his account and created new account with my name & admin rights.

Thanks & regards,

ggg678

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back