Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local to local call restriction 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

symposium21

Technical User
Jul 27, 2007
AP
Hi Everyone,

Can somebody help me to how to restrict a phone calling another phone within the same telephone system(local to local call) but can able to recieve an incoming call.

Thanks in advance.

Symposium21

You need to clarify... you do not want a DN on your PBX to call any other DN in the same PBX, but only receive an incoming call?

I don't think it's possible to disable DN to DN calling on the same PBX.

If that's the case... just make it a 500 set with a keypadless phone - or one with the keypad disabled. Hardwire it to the IDF (no modular jacks).

Another possible alternative (stealing this from another thread - I'd have to experiment with it) try tenant service, block tenant to tenant calling and allow tenant to trunk groups.

think what you are after is Multi Tenant Service. Never implemented it but its in the feature guides.

Create a pretranslation table which converts digits 0-9 into an unrecognized number and then assign that pre-translation table to the phone. Whatever they try to dial will end up as an unknown number and get whatever treatment you have configured for vacant number dialing. You may still want to allow 911 (or whatever is your emergency number).

Create a Speed Call List (example SCL 5) in LD 18 with 0-9 then put * on the number you want to block. For example you want to block all extensions starting with 4 so your Speed Call List will look like this:
4 *
Now, associate this Speed Call List to a Pretranslation in LD 18. For example you created XLAT 5, you need to program the phone with XLST 5.

I believed changing class of service to FR2 will prevent the phone in getting outside call, even local to local... otherwise, you have to implement the multi-tenant or configure it as hotline pointed to invalid or unassigned number..

You may try changing the class of service first..

Regards

@ nessman

I do not want a DN on my PBX to call any other DN in the same PBX, but only receive an incoming call.

@ bignose21

I'm not familiar with the Multi tenant service.

@ drl1116

I've already try to change the FR2 but my problem is I have another PBX on other site and the DN on the other systen is dialable even if I have CLS FR2

@ mlgmartin

I've tried to create SCL, Pre- translation and program it to XLST on my DN but it doesn't work. Please ny programs below and check if I miss something on the programming. Thanks

REQ: prt

TYPE: scl

LSNO 103

SIZE 10
RNGE

SCNO 0103
SCL

DNSZ 4
STOR 0 0
STOR 1 *
STOR 2 *
STOR 3 *
STOR 4 *
STOR 5 *
STOR 6 *
STOR 7 *
STOR 8 *
STOR 9 *

============

REQ: prt

TYPE: pre

CUST 0

XLAT 0
PRE 0
PST
SDA
XLAT 1
PRE 0
PST
SDA
XLAT 2
PRE 2
PST
SDA
XLAT 103
PRE 0
PST
SDA

=========

DES SMPC
TN 096 0 01 06 VIRTUAL
TYPE 1140
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
NUID
NHTN
KEM 1
CFG_ZONE 003
CUR_ZONE 003
FDN 7000
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST 103
SCPW 3770
SFLT NO
CAC_MFC 0
CLS TLD FBA WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA CRPA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD
UDI RCC HBTD AHD DDGA NAMA MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
FDSD NOVD VOLA VOUA CDMR ICRA MCDD T87D KEM3 MSNV FRA PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7000
LHK 0
PLEV 02
DANI NO
AST 00 03
IAPG 1
AACS YES
ACQ AS: AST-DN
ASID 16
SFNB 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 18 22 24 25 26
SFRB
USFB 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
CALB 0 1 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12
FCTB
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0

Unless there's a reason why you must have an IP 1140e installed there, I think your best bet (and the easiest solution) is to build an analog phone, program it up so it's an ACD phone like your example above, open it up and disable the keypad - or buy a keypadless phone (i.e.: - and hard-wire it to the IDF so someone can't just plug in another phone.

@ mlgmartin

wow, it works. So PRE associate with my SCL. Thanks alot.

@ all

Thanks for the inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back