Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local System - Script Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil99

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
GB
Hi

I need to run the following script via an application whose service has to start via the Local System account.

var url = " + host + ":" + port + "/" + action + "/"; var query = "client_id=" + client_id + "&text=" + escape(text)
+ "&destaddr="+ destaddr + "&password=" + password;

var xml = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

xml.Open("POST", url, false);
xml.Send(query);
result = xml.responseText;

This returns the following error message: msxml3.dll
The system cannot locate the resource specified.

But if i run the script logged in to the server as an admin account it works fine.

I guess the Local System account doesn't have the correct access to msxml3.dll.

My knowledge on windows accounts and permissions is limited. Any advice on how to get this
working would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Most services can be started using any account with the correct permissions. Login as administrator, right click My Computer, click Manage, expand Local User and Groups, right click Users, click New User, type in User name, "whatever". Type in Password, Confirm password. Un-check User must change password, Check User cannot change password, Check Password never expires, Click Create.

Right click the user you just created. Click Properties, click Member Of tab. Click Add, double click Administrators. Click Ok.

Now you've created a new user and added it to the Administrators group.

Expand Services and Applications, click Services, find and right click on your service. Click Properties, click Log On tab, select This account, click Browse.., double click the account you created, type in the Password, Confirm password. Click Ok. Right click your service again, click Stop, wait for it to stop, click Start, wait for it to start.

If everything went ok with the above try your script.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back