Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

local system logon as sysdba

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick118

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
NL
I have a batch job like the following

sqlplus /nolog @start.sql
in the start.sql script it sys the following
connect / as sysdba

When i start it as an administrator works ok.

When i schedule it it is automatically started as local system and then i get insufficient priviliges. I don't want to have it run under administrator or ant other account then the local system.

I also don't want to put in the sys password in the sqlscript. I know it is possible because we have it working on another server but we lost the knowledge of how.
Operating system is windows server 2003

Thanks

Sorry, not a Windows person, but under Unix the user must have dba privileges. Perhaps this is assigned as a role in Windows?

All I ask of you
Is make my wildest dreams come true

I realize that and that is "sort" of the problem this is an internal windows account that you can't grant such rights to. But thank you for the post

Can't you assign the dba role to the user through the Oracle Management Server?

All I ask of you
Is make my wildest dreams come true

As with *nix (where you can make an o/s user login a member of the DBA group), you can do the same on Windows:
Code:
(Log in to Windows as a user with Windows-Administrator privileges, then [on Windows 2K, for example])

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Users and Passwords -> (Select your subject user) -> Properties -> "Other" -> (From the pull-down menu, Select) "ORA_DBA" -> OK -> OK
At that point the subject Windows user is now a member of the Oracle DBA Group and, as such, has the privileges to "connect / as sysdba".

Let us know if this resolves your need.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back