Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

local software repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond81

Programmer
Nov 18, 2011
GB
Hi,

Just wondering how to go about setting up a local repository.

Here is my problem, I've written a php script to setup vhost domains on my dev centOS server. There is an option for the developer to choose from a list of frameworks which one they would like installed, e.g. wordpress, drupal, codeigniter etc....

At the moment i simply keep the latest version of each framework in a dir on the server, however i am manually downloading the latest versions every now and again keeping them uptodate myself. I would like to automate this part of the process so that the latest version is always in my dir.

Just wondering is this possible??

Any ideas would be great....

was thinking, what i may do is prompt the user for the version number and then add this into my wget url for whatever framework

Code:
eg wget [URL unfurl="true"]http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-<version_number>.tar.gz[/URL]

Many projects publish a symlink such as drupal-LATEST.tar.gz, is that the case with the packages you're interested in? You could always download that one, and then rename it accordingly by examining the files in the package (using a script) if they follow a reliable pattern?

Just thinking aloud here...

Annihilannic
[small]tgmlify - code syntax highlighting for your tek-tips posts[/small]

Thanks for the input Annihilannic, yes wordpress use the "lastest" as their latest version for download. Not sure if many other frameworks do, however im just prompting he user for the version number and adding this to the url string that i use with the wget command. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back