Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local Printer is not default

Status
Not open for further replies.

j93saturn

Technical User
May 8, 2003
US
This will probably silly. I am new to Citrix. I have a user who connects to an Accounting package on a Citrix server. When he connects, his local HP LaserJet 6P is not his default printer in the application. He can change it in the app and set it as default, but it won't stay that way. Is this a Citrix problem? Is it the Accounting software? Any help would be great.

James
Security +
MCP NT 4.0 / 2000 / 2003
MCSA 2000
MCSE NT 4.0

j93saturn,
You will need to check the settings on the Citrix Connection Configuration on the client device settings (Start-Programs-Citrix-and then look for the Citrix Connection Configuration)
Also....you might need to check the policies on the Citrix Managment Console (Start-Programs-Citrix) to make sure that the Client Side printer mappings is set to default to client Windows printer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. The Server side did not work. I will try the client side next week when I go on-site.

James
Security +
MCP NT 4.0 / 2000 / 2003
MCSA 2000
MCSE NT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back