Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOCAL POLICY WITH DOMAIN USER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moscerino

Technical User
Nov 7, 2001
RU
hi all

can someone explain me why I set a LOCAL POLICY on my computer and it doesn't work correctly? I made this settings:
-in the "deny logon locally" policy, I added the DOMAIN USER (for example) john smith. I saw DOMAIN\john.smith with a flag under the "local policy setting" column.

IF I LOGOFF OR I REBOOT THE SYSTEM, MR. JOHN SMITH CAN ACCESS ON MY PC AND DESTROY ALL.

I FORGOT SOME SETTINGS? I CAN'T SET LOCAL POLICIES WITH DOMAIN USERS??

PLEASE HELP ME

if your PC is a member of a domain, then the domain policy overrides your local policy. However, if the adjacent domain policy is not defined, then your local settings will be effective.

Also, you might want to add yourself to the admin group on the local. If you don't have a domain, are you an administrator on the local? Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[bat]

"Knowledge of the world is only to be acquired in the world, and not in a closet."
Lord Chesterfield 1694-1773); English statesman.

Workstations are part of a domain named domain.com.

I've set policies using a DOMAIN ADMINISTRATOR. I just setup domain policies for a simple logon script, in user configurations.

What are the steps to deny logon on a workstation? I want to deny logon to a DOMAIN USER like DOMAIN\user.

I know that I can also use domain policies to deny logon locally on a single workstation, but it doesn't work.

Neither setting up local policies directly on the workstation. I just added the domain user in the local policy "Deny logon locally", there are no reasons to work improperly.

...any suggestions?

Thanks to everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back