Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

local mail only...problems(new learner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headmaster

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
Hi,
I want to set up a small mail server on our network for internal use only. I've got it set up, but when I try to send mail to it, I get errors saying that the email address isn't valid. I've got BIND running, and it appears to be working. I'm not using a FQDN, just my workgroup name. I'm sure there is a way to get mail to other clients, example scott@diversifiedtech ...or not.
Thanks
Scott

ignore this... it was some dns issues I took care of !
Thanks

Can you maybe help me out...

I am setting up a Mailhub similar to what you mentioned and just want to get Local Mail running at this time and then move to Mail from a Exchange server being passed to the Sendmail server...

I edited the Sendmail.mc file etc I can send mail internally on the linux box from user to user but can't telnet or get my outlook express on the xp machine to communicate with the Linux box.

Thanks,
Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back