Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local 'HP ITO Account' password change

Status
Not open for further replies.

novak

MIS
May 9, 2000
GB
I have changed the local password for 'HP ITO Account' and now have issues with the management console.
Looking through the manual it states that if this password is changed then all services that use this account must manually be changed.
Can anyone please point me to these services.

Many thanks...

Well, if you only have an OV or IT/O or VPO agent installed, the only service is HP ITO Agent (which has dependencies, usally Remoe Procedure Call (RPC) and Event Log), but if I'm not mistaking , there is no need of changing the passwd for RPC, since it usually uses a different local system account.

BTW, you may need to change the password on the management server for that particular node, there is a command line pointing to the managed node, which replaces the old password with the brand new passwd you've just created.

Hope this helps,
vlan52
[sunshine]

vlan52
The end of wisdom is freedom. The end of culture is perfection. The end of
education is character. The end of knowledge is love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back